The main Catholic church in Nerja is the “El Salvador” which is located right in the town centre next to the Balcon de Europa. The parish priest is Father Petre who will perform ceremonies in English. To marry officially in the Catholic church at least one of you must be Catholic (baptised). Your marriage certificate will be registered in the town hall in Nerja.
The ceremony cost is 270€. This does not include floral decorations or live musicians (see prices for details) . The church does have a music system which you can plug a phone in to.
Non Catholics can have an Anglican blessing in the church (this is not officially recognised so you´d need to marry in your home country first). Cost for this is 150€ to use the church and 350€ for the Anglican chaplain to perform the ceremony.
- Ceremonies usually last approx 40/45 mins with communion any day except Saturdays and Mondays
- Ceremony times 4 and 5.30pm
- Ceremony cost: 270€
- Classical or religious music is allowed
- You can bring over your own priest to perform the ceremony (must be ordained), and your own musicians
- Natural rose petals allowed for confetti
- No official dress code
Tel: (0034) 679 94 26 91